I am a mom of 2 kids and wife to an amazing red head. I love Jesus with all my heart and strive to make my life a reflection of Him. I'm a photographer, a busy body who can't sit still, and a girl who's traveled to 21 different countries but wants to see so much more. I co-founded Ten Thousand Homes whose goal is provide HOPE and HOME to Africa's orphans and vulnerable children. I'm also the writer behind my personal blog, I Believe In Love where I share my travel adventures, my photography, and creativity.

More from this author »
RECENT PINS

Kid’s Birthday Party Ideas

I have been knee deep in birthday celebration mode as we celebrated two birthdays in our house this past weekend.  I absolutely love birthdays and sometimes go a little crazy with it.  From the food to the party favors, I love making it special and fun, because we’re celebrating someone’s life.  Check out these awesome creative birthday party ideas out there!

Rainbow Party from Real Simple

Circle Party from Real Simple

Whimsical Zebra & Zinnia Garden Party from Alm via Hostess From The Mostess

Scavenger Hunt Party from I Believe In Love

Vintage Superhero Pop Art Party from Maureen via Hostess With The Mostess

Candyland Party from Parents

Angry Birds Party from Simply Styled Home

Train Themed Birthday Party from Sweet Sewn Stitches

Birthday Bake Shop Party from Our Daily Obsessions

Monopoly Party from The Heartfelt Home

Cute As A Button Party from Cobblestone Rue

Sesame Street Party from Annie’s Eats

Kid’s Camping Party from TSJ Photography

————————————–

Do you like to go all out for birthday parties or keep it small and simple?

For more posts written by me, visit my personal blog, I Believe In Love.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments (10)

1. MrGoodfriend 01/03/2013 at 12:33 am

Magic shows are a lot of fun for kids birthday parties.

2. facebook boulevard Lista 09/21/2012 at 5:08 pm

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer one thing back and aid others like you aided me.

3. tracie @ {tsj} photography 10/26/2011 at 6:00 am

hi jen! thanks for including me on the list!! i love your site here! 🙂

• Jen Price 10/26/2011 at 3:04 pm

Thanks, Tracie! Love your kid’s camping idea!

4. Pingback: 2nd Birthday Party Themes | Kid’s Birthday Party Ideas « « DFW Mama DFW Mama

5. Jen 10/07/2011 at 12:28 pm

Oh, my goodness! Seriously, a dirty diaper party? I like to go all out but even some of these ideas are a little daunting. I do like to look at them and be inspired and then take snippets of them. I hope you find the perfect party idea for your daughter’s 1st birthday!

6. Daddy by Default 10/07/2011 at 11:58 am

This post is great, and these pictures are amazing. I’m always impressed at people who can come up with this stuff and tie it into a party and make it look like it was professionally prepared. There are alot of great theme ideas here too, but I’m not creative enough to be able to put this stuff together like this, i’m afraid.

I’m throwing a party for my daughter in a few weeks, her first. I tried getting people to send me ideas for the party on twitter, but all I got were some pretty wacky ones that are way out there, like this one, which i just posted on my site: http://daddybydefault.com/bad-birthday-party-ideas-2-dirty-diaper-pinata-2/

Anyway, thanks for the real ideas and decorations.

7. Mina Frannea 10/05/2011 at 6:06 pm

By the way, the colors in the first image are so striking–love it!

8. Mina Frannea 10/05/2011 at 6:05 pm

We try to go all out as much as possible. But, we do most of our bday parties at an outside location instead of home so we’re a little limited in what we can do. So far, my twins haven’t minded having a joint birthday party so we usually end up with a big crowd, but it’s essentially two parties in one. They always get the theme they each want and their own birthday cake. My daughter invites her friends and my son does the same. This year, they celebrated their 8th birthday at the Museum of Nature and Science. It was so much fun!:-)

• Jen 10/07/2011 at 12:29 pm

We did our son’s last birthday outside, too. Our house is small and the weather was perfect so we decided to do it at a park. I actually really loved and think I’ll do it again!