The busiest shopping day of the year is a week away but many stores have already released their black Friday sales circulars. This means, you should be preparing your plan of action NOW! Below are a few tips to keep in mind and get ready for your big day.
1) Make a list. Think about what you want to purchase for yourself and others and write it down. I tend to do this BEFORE looking at the sales so I’m not persuaded.
2) Scope out the sales NOW. Cross check your list with the sales and find the best prices. You will also want to prioritize your purchases. You will not be able to visit every store and get everything on your list so stick with the big ticket items and largest group of like products. For example, if you have a lot of teenagers, you will probably want to hit up an electronics store for TVs, gaming consoles, games, cameras, phones, electronic accessories, etc. If you’re mainly looking for clothes, hit the mall. Check here to find all the Black Friday sales. Also, check your ad prices against online stores. Many are meeting those prices now.
3) Avoid impulse purchases. There will be so many sales pushed in your face at the store and just because something is 75% off, doesn’t mean you need (or even want) it. Stick to your list.
4) Get a partner (or two). You will spend lots of time waiting in lines and let’s face it, four hands are better than two when trying to snag all your items. You guys will be able to tag-team in the stores and if you can get a big group together, you can divide stores among your friends.
5) Dress comfortably. You will spend many hours waiting in lines, some outside. So dress warm and comfy!
6) Charge your cell phone. You will need it and it will be dead if you don’t do this.
7) Don’t fret. You still have Cyber Monday! If you don’t want to battle the crowds, stay home and do your shopping online. Many online retailers will have Black Friday sales in addition to great deals on Cyber Monday. Competition is just as fierce, so have your credit card number ready and your internet up to speed. You can check out some of the Cyber Monday deals now.