Ready for the next step to your Disney World vacation? A big planning hurdle is deciding where to stay during your Disney World vacation. I am a big fan of staying on the property, especially this last visit! Here are the perks:
- Special Magic Hours that let you get into the parks early on selected days–before everyone staying off the property!
- Access to Disney World transportation services, which may include buses, monorail or boats depending on which resort you are staying at.
- Free parking at all Walt Disney World parks with your hotel parking pass (parking was $14 a day for everyone else!).
- Ability to use your Disney Dining Plan (if you purchase one–I recommend it) at your resort.
- Hidden Mickeys and the special Disney touches in your room!
- A great pool and playground may be available! (We did not use the pool, but we did check out the playground and the hammocks)
We ended up driving to the parks because we were trying to get there early. We also ended up staying pretty late. Knowing this, we didn’t want another wait at the end of the day for our bus to get to our stop. We have, however, used all three forms of transportation on other trips to Walt Disney World without any problems.
There are so many resorts available, both on and off the property. It pays to compare them ahead of time. We found it less expensive to stay at Port Orleans–Riverside (in the picture) than one of the Value Resorts because we could book a room to fit 5 people. A travel agent can be very helpful in this stage of the game. I also recommend the Mousesavers newsletters to keep up with any Disney discount offers.