After kicking off GrapeFest last weekend, there are two more local events to look forward to at the end of the week.
Just like GrapeFest, the 26th Annual Addison Oktoberfest (modeled after Munich’s Oktoberfest) begins Thursday. Enjoy some German-style and family-oriented entertainment with Bavarian folk dancing, oompah music, yodeling and carnival rides. A 5k run and 1- mile fun run benefits Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer and discount evening tickets are available at local Albertson’s stores. Addison Oktoberfest listed as one of the Top 10 Oktoberfests in North America by USA Today. More information can be found by clicking on addisontexas.net.
- Thursday from 6 pm – 11 pm (free admission!)
- Friday from 6 pm – midnight ($10)
- Saturday from noon – midnight ($5 before 5 pm and $10 after)
- Sunday from noon – 5 pm ($5)
Free for kids three and younger
Addison Circle Park
4970 Addison Circle
If you enjoy watching a horizon dotted with hot-air balloons, then you must come to In Touch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival. My family had a blast running in last year’s 1k fun run-walk and visiting the fun booths and Kids Fun Zone. While racing, the hot air balloons were a sight to behold! It was just absolutely stunning. Attractions will also include evening balloon glows. Please go to planoballoonfest.org for more information.
- Friday from 4 – 10 pm (Balloon launch will be at 6 pm)
- Saturday from 6 am – 10 pm (Balloon launch will be at 7 am and 6 pm)
- Sunday from 6 am to 7 pm (Balloon launch will be at 7 am and 6 pm)
- $5 (free for kids under 36 inches tall)
- $4 for 65 and older
2801 Oak Point Park
2801 E. Spring Creek Parkway
Parking will be $10/ car
Bus transportation will be available at the DART Parker Road Station